This is a quick recap of what happened during my DebConf 18.
- after buying a new laptop I didn't set up a build system for Debian on it. I finally did it, with cowbuilder. It was straightforward to set up and works quite fast.
- shopping for electronics. Among other things, I bought myself a new USB-C power supply that I can use for laptop and phone, and now I can have a power supply for home and one always in my backpack for traveling. I also bought a new pair of headphones+microphone, since I cannot wear in-ear, and I only had the in-ear ones that came with my phone.
- while trying out the new headphones, I unexpectedly started playing loud music in the hacklab. I then debugged audio pin mapping on my new laptop and reported #904437
- fixed debtags.debian.org nightly maintenance scripts, which have been mailing me errors for a while.
- uploaded new version of wreport
- investigated odd 0-padded
.jpgfiles generated by Open Camera on my phone and bumped severity of #874275; reported https://sourceforge.net/p/opencamera/tickets/465/ upstream.
- reviewed multiple people talk notes
- bought new shoes, since the ones I had started digging a hole through the skin of one of my ankles.
- I needed to debug a wreport FTBFS on a porterbox, and since the procedure to set up a build system on a porterbox was long and boring, I wrote debug-on-porterbox
- Fixed a wreport FTBFS and replaced it with another FTBFS, that I still haven't managed to track down.
- worked on multiple people talk notes, alone and with Rhonda
- informal FD/DAM brainstorming with jmw
- local antiharassment coordination with Tassia and Taowa
- talked to ansgar about how to have debtags tags reach ftp-master automatically, without my manual intervention
- watched a wonderful lunar eclipse
- implemented automatic export of debtags data for ftp-master
- local anti-harassment team work
- deployed debtags ftp-master override export
- conversations on https://nm.debian.org
- conversations on https://contributors.debian.org
- participated in the Ignoring negativity talk with Bdale, Sledge and Lamby.
- gave the autodeploy from salsa talk
- AM-related conversations
- Implemented F-Droid antifeatures as privacy:: Debtags tags
- Day trip and barbecue
- anti-harassment conversation
- worked on multiple people talk contents
- Multiple People talk
- Debug Boot of my laptop with UEFI with Steve, and found out that HP firmware updates for it can only be installed using Windows. I am really disappointed with HP for this, given it's a rather high-end business laptop.
- Started porting https://debtags.debian.org to Bootstrap 4
- Ignoring negativity followup talk
- New Member BOF